There are several new items this week. Please take a look!
- Mind Your Mask
- Rummage Shoppe News
- Sunday 8 am, 10 am, 5 pm registration links, bulletins, and Zoom info
- Church Leader University offered by our Diocese
- Blessing of the Animals
Blessing of the Animals – Sunday, Oct. 4 is the Feast of St. Francis and our annual Blessing of the Animals at 5 pm. This year it will be held in the church parking lot to give us more room to spread out and will include a Celebration of Creation. It will take the place of our regular 5 pm Evening Prayer service. The reservation link for Blessing of the Animals will go out early next week. Bring your pet (on a leash or in a carrier for their comfort – or a photo of your pet – and come celebrate the goodness of God’s creation!
All Saints’ Rummage Shoppe – our first sale day was a great success! Thank you to all our volunteers. Thank you, also to everyone who donated. Look for the announcement of the next sale day. Tell your friends. Items are also being sold on-line here: https://www.facebook.com/AllSaintsRummageShoppe/ This is an on-going fund-raiser for All Saints’ ministries. Thank you to our Rummage Team for their creativity and resourcefulness!
Bible Study meets Wednesdays at 10:15 am. We are studying parts of the Book of Psalms in the Old Testament – a central part of our worship and prayer life. We meet via Zoom. If you would like to participate or want more information, please e-mail Mother Vicki at email@example.com.
Food Ministry – our Twelve Baskets food pantry serves families and individuals in the Long Hill Township area in several different ways. If you know a person or a family who is struggling to make ends meet and can use food assistance, please have them call the parish office 908-647-0067x4 and leave a secure message.
Diocese of Newark: Church Leader University, Saturday, Oct. 3 – this is a morning of workshops for parishioners and lay leaders that is offered to help equip people in their ministries. There are both “nuts & bolts” AND faith-development sessions. This is a free Zoom event, but you do have to register ahead of time. To look at the list of offerings and registration, click here: https://dioceseofnewark.org/clu-fall-2020
Mind Your Mask - Important reminders for in-person worship and gatherings!
- Please remember to wear your mask and have it cover both your nose and mouth. Don’t remove it when you are speaking – that defeats the purpose of wearing a mask. Here’s a helpful phrase to remind yourself or someone else: Mind Your Mask (with thanks to the London Underground for inspiration – Mind the Gap). If someone says that to you, they are respectfully asking you to adjust your mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from anyone you don’t live with, no matter how glad you are to see them.
- Doing these things will help to keep you, your families, our parishioners, and our community safe. Thank you!
1. In-person Worship:– Sunday 8 am Rite 1 Morning Prayer, Outdoors In-person in the Memorial Garden (weather permitting). Reservations are required here : https://reopen.church/r/bloP83YN. Bring a lawn chair, the copy of the service leaflet (attached to this e-mail or on the website www.allsaintsmillington.org) or your own Book of Common Prayer; wear your mask.
2. In-person Worship: Sunday 5 pm Evening Prayer Outdoors (weather permitting). Reservations required here: https://reopen.church/r/bloP83YN. We gather on the side lawn (between the Church and the parking lot). Bring a lawn chair, the copy of the service leaflet (on the website www.allsaintsmillington.org) or your own Book of Common Prayer, your mask, and maybe some bug spray.
3. If you are interested in attending in-person services, please read the guidelines on our website before making a reservation: http://www.allsaintsmillington.org/uploads/1/2/5/1/1251925/outdoor_worship_at_all_saints_gudelines.pdf . Our outdoor services will continue to adapt and evolve as we evaluate the experience.
4. On-line Worship: Sunday 10 am Morning Prayer. We are pleased to have you join us on-line. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom credentials.
Christian Practices: For the Nation
Lord God Almighty, you have made all the peoples of the earth for your glory, to serve you in freedom and in peace: Give to the people of our country a zeal for justice and the strength of forbearance, that we may use our liberty in accordance with your gracious will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. ~ Book of Common Prayer, p. 258